Some domain names are going to help you much better with SEO and will generate the amount of website traffic you want; for that, you will need to find a good domain name for your website.
Type of Domains
There are four kinds of domains conforming to SEO:
Niche domains. These kinds of domains are generally created with long-tail/ detailed keywords. They are also very specific about subjects or a sub-category. Niche domains are easy to work with as you build a few pages for those websites and focus on off-page SEO to attract traffic.
Brand domains. These domains only include the brand name. For example, Lindt is a brand for chocolates and they used this brand in their domain name. These kinds of domains need a little more effort to build up for SEO especially if your brand is unfamiliar or new.
Keyword domains. This is similar to niche domains but needs more keyword specific than niche websites. It is a domain name that contains keywords regarding your business, products, services, etc.
Keyword and brand domains. These types of domains are suggested by Google Algorithm. Especially for e-commerce websites to generate traffic and sales on your website. You can improve the reputation of your brand with these domains and also take advantage of keyword for SEO. A very apt example is Kyliecosmetics.
We recommend brand+keyword domains for you if you would like to do serious businesses with your blog, e-commerce or brand name in the future. You will get the advantage of keywords for SEO of your site and you will have a memorable name as well. However, keyword domains can also be a remarkable option for you.
Niche domains have diversity with other domain types. So you need to treat niche domains in a distinctive way. If you want to target a specific search keyword, this is going to be the best alternative for you.
Best SEO Practices for Domains
- Don’t use hyphens in your domains. Such as food-food.com. You can prefer to use shorter or longer domains instead of domains with hyphens if you can’t find available domains.
- Using numbers on your domains is not also very good until you use it as a brand name or keyword+brand.
- Your domain name should be something memorable and shorter with a lasting impact that people will remember easily.
- Choose .com domains first and then .net. TLD is important. Google treats all TLDs equally is not the truth.
- Try to get a new clean domain instead of an old domain as it can be quite problematic and may need to work hard to rectify previous SEO issues
- Short domains are very valuable and helpful since they are easier to remember appreciated by Google.
- Check search volume to check the potential traffic of your chosen keywords if the chosen domain name includes it.